I’m so excited to be nominated for this award. Being so new to blogging I had no clue what it was, but anything that says award has to be good, right?
I’m very honored that Jessica from the momster diaries nominated me for the Liebster award. In case you are clueless like me about what this award is, it is an award for new bloggers. In order to be awarded, you must have less than 200 followers. Easy peasy for me! You must also thank your original awarder and mention them in your blog with a link. Which I most definitely will do. I love the momster diary blog. She rocks! Plus, her kids are absolutely adorable. You must also answer 11 questions given to you. I have listed the official rules below, with more information about Jessica.
The Official Rules for The Liebster Award 2016
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — you can save an image from a search and use that.
- Answer the questions by the blog that nominated you.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Notify all nominees via social media
Who nominated me
I am pretty sure I already said this, but thanks to Jessica for nominating me! You can find her blog at http://momsterdiaries.theblogpress.com/ and on Instagram as @momsterdiaries. She has the cutest kids, ever! I love the reason she started her blog and love reading all about her life with two kiddos. I have two as well, so I feel like I can really relate!
Here are the questions that were given to me.
1. Do you like sweet or savory? Trick question! I like both. I can never decide, it just depends upon my food mood. I LOVE food, guys. I can’t even explain this to you.
2. What makes me feel beautiful? My husband. I know I’m probably supposed to say a thing, but he just always knows what to say to make me feel beautiful. No matter how I’m feeling I know he will make me feel sexy as hell in less than two seconds.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration in your life? Hands down, my children. When I had my son, it entirely changed me. I used to be petty and dramatic and I let all of that go. I realized my son will do much better in life with a mom who has it together. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not perfect, but my children constantly drive me to do better for myself and them.
4. What is the funniest thing your child has said/done? Oh man, there’s been so many! My five year old constantly makes me laugh and my toddler is starting to talk and it’s just hilarious as well. I think the most hilarious parenting moment was when my son painted a room with poop. It wasn’t even at our house! It was at a families where I used to nanny. He got out of the bed and went to town! Of course, it wasn’t funny at the time, but in retrospect it’s hilarious for a few reasons. 1. Because it happened at someone else’s home. Don’t worry, I cleaned it all up. 2. Because with my first child I expected perfection and this moment made me realize it is so unnecessary and that I am just like every other mom in this world. Imperfect.
5. What is your guilty pleasure? I don’t even tell my husband this, but I love reading celebrity gossip. It’s almost comical more than anything. I always play a game of whether or not it’s possibly true, because some things are just so crazy!
6. When do you find time to blog? On the toilet. Haha, but really, during nap time and when I am working night shifts.
7. What is the most important lesson in your household? Respect, respect, respect. I honestly could care less if you want to throw the ball in the house or run around without clothes, but you had better respect the people around you. Also, not only the people around you, but yourself. The rules are simple in our home never purposely hurt someone else or yourself.
8. What is your child’s favorite toy? I have to admit, neither of my kids have a favorite toy. My sons, like all boys, like balls and cars, but I am also sure they would have fun playing with dolls. I’m pretty sure their favorite toy is their dad, he’s like their personal jungle gym.
9. What has changed the most after becoming a mother? I touched on this previously, but I really think the biggest change was letting go of drama. I am going to be honest with you, I love drama. I am a very dramatic person, I used to purposely create drama. However, after having kids I was far too exhausted to continue this. I also didn’t think that was a good environment for a child to live in. I have also changed my expectations of myself, I used to hide the person I was, because I did not think I was good enough or I would embarrass someone, but I really do not care anymore. I am not religious, like to show my skin, think the LGBT community should be supported, am pro-choice and curse like a sailor, if you have a problem with that, I really don’t care! I want to show my children that they should be proud to be just the way they are. I tried to hide it for so long and the only person I hurt doing this was myself. Also, huge shout out to my husband here who helped me with this.
10. How did you come up with your kid’s names? My kids names came about like this, the first was browsing through baby names and I fell in love with one and the second is a name after a famous football player. Also, I never use my kids names on the blog or in social media for privacy reasons.
11. You just won a million in the jackpot. What do you do with the money? Buy a home, invest most of the rest and travel! I want to travel SO MUCH!! Unfortunately, that is difficult with children and work. Someday, someday…I also would like to have a place to call home, nothing fancy, just something modest where we can rest amongst our travels.
The bloggers I have decided to nominate are moms like myself. Most of them also have two children, which is probably why I am drawn to them because I feel like we can relate to one another.
1. Myriam-MyriamVenzuelaBlog, she is a yogi who had taught me so much. I can’t explain how grateful I am to her.
2. Jen-On Purpose Blog, Jen works in healthcare and has two boys. We have so much in common there are times I feel I would have written the same words as her.
3.The Joys of Mamahood or @enjoymamahood. I’ve gotta say, I love this blog, her post about PPD and she’s a Pinterest pro!
4. Amy D.- The Momfia Show. Ok, I can’t lie sometimes I contribute to this blog, but the entire idea is from the beautiful mind of Amy D.
5. Julie- A Hopeful Hood. I love her blog, she’s always so positive and honest. Things I love in a person!
Alright, ladies. Here are my 11 questions.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. What’s your favorite part of motherhood?
3. What’s your favorite food?
4. If there was a movie made about you who would play your role?
5. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
6. What do you aspire to do when you “grow up”?
7. What type of novels do you like to read?
8. Who was your favorite teacher or professor and why?
9. How do you cheer yourself up after an especially stressful day?
10. What’s the one thing you never expected, but has happened in motherhood?
11. What’s your favorite movie and why?
I can’t wait to read all of your responses! I hope you have as much fun as I have had.